Frequently Asked Questions about our Training
Here are some answers to commonly asked questions we receive.
- Why should I take classes from eGIS Associates?
- All our courses are written and taught by experienced GIS professionals each with over 10 years of experience using GIS in real world situations. We are not just academics but use the technology on a daily basis to support our clients which include: local governments, utilities, non-profits, companies, and educational institutions. We know the real scoop on how these solutions work and have not just drank the cool-aid. All this experience allows our instructors to relate real world uses based to the students areas of focus and need which greatly improves the learning experience.
- What is the difference between Instructor Led Class, Instructor Assisted eCourse and eCourse?
- An instructor led course is taught by a live instructor. These can be conducted in a traditional training room or online. An Instructor Assisted eCourse allows you to have access to an instructor for a limited period as you work through a self-paced eCourse to help you work through issues. So it provides the best of both worlds. You get to work through the course at your own pace during times that best fit your schedule but if you run into a problem you have help. An eCourse is a completely online self-paced course. All lectures are pre-recorded allowing you to view and replay them at your leisure. However, if you encounter problems or have issues you do not have an instructor to help.
- Do you offer discounts for governments or non-profits?
- Since the majority of those taking our classes come from government or non-profit organizations we do not offer a special discount. We have already included that discount in the list price. We do offer discounts for URISA members.
- Do you offer discounts if I sign up for multiple classes at one time?
- Yes we do. The discount will depend on how many classes you register for. So make sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you register.
- Are your ArcGIS classes the same ones offered by Esri?
- No, while they are similar, we do not offer official Esri courses. Esri shut down their Authorized/Certified Trainer program at the end of 2014. This means no one but Esri can offer their official courses. However, many of our instructors are past Esri Authorized/Certified Instructors.
- Can you come to my organization and conduct a class?
- Yes we can. We do this very often. Our portable training lab allows us to come to your organization to conduct classes. The portal training lab consists of 10 laptops with licenses for ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Extensions, qGIS, Google Earth Pro, and more. All you need to do is provide the location. For more information or to request a quote please contact us at email@example.com
- Do you only offer training on Esri's ArcGIS?
- While we are an Esri Business Partner and focus heavily on that platform, we do offer training on other GIS solutions as well including ERDAS Imagine, ERDAS Apollo, Google Earth, Google Maps, CartoDB, and qGIS.
- Where do you offer training?
- We regularly offer training in several cities throughout the United States including Duluth GA (Metro Atlanta Area), Raleigh NC, Denver CO, Seattle WA, and Portland OR. We are always looking to add new locations. If you are interested in hosting future training sessions at your location, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also offer training on line.